Bank Account Management and Fund Transfers

 University Treasury is the only department authorized to open and/or close bank accounts on behalf of the university. All receipts and disbursements for Rutgers or any of its schools, colleges, departments, or units must flow through one of the bank accounts managed by University Treasury and reconciled by University Accounting.

For questions or information about university bank accounts, contact University Treasury at 848-445-3500, or e-mail

Incoming Funds

The "Notification of Incoming Electronic Funds Transfer" (NIEFT) form is used to notify University Accounting that of incoming electronic fund transfers (EFTs), such as wire transfer or ACH funds, and to properly identify and credit the funds. Accordingly, the NIEFT (Notification of Incoming Electronic Fund Transfer) form can be downloaded online. It must be completed and returned to  University Accounting, 33 Knightsbridge Road, Piscataway, 2nd floor, west wing. For more information, please visit University Accounting.

Outgoing Funds

EFTs, i.e. wire transfers or ACHs, are initiated through University Treasury for international payments or on an exceptional basis only. Domestice wire payments should only be used in true emergencies or where no other option is available. Otherwise, please work with Accounts Payable to remit payment to your vendors.

DepartmentAL Wire Transfer Requests

Please see the University Procurement Services website detailing the wire transfer request process:


ACH Debit Authorizations

For those rare instances where vendors have been authorized to initiate a direct ACH debit to the University’s bank accounts, notification must be given to University Treasury no later than 8:30 a.m. on the day the charge will be made against the account. The Treasury team will verify that the amount being charged at the bank is correct by 10:00 a.m. on the day the charge is being made and will notify the bank to reject any incorrect amounts.